Chief Operations Officer
WEMAS is the fastest growing medical insurance company in Malawi with its Head Office in Lilongwe and Branch offices in Blantyre and Mzuzu. We are a dynamic company that is the leader in innovation in the health insurance industry destined to be the Number 1 medical insurance provider in Malawi by the Year 2030.
We are in the process of strengthening our Management Team and as a result we are seeking the services of a suitably qualiﬁed person to ﬁll the position of Chief Operations Officer (COO) tenable at our Head office in Lilongwe.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that WEMAS has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure ﬁnancial strength and operational efficiency;
- Compliance to internal processes, policies, regulations and statutes.
- Collaborate with the CEO in the overall administration of the operations unit and Improvement in customer experience. S/he ensures that the process of customer acquisition and service delivery across all branches and other service points is anchored on delivering a consistently superior customer experience;
- Oversee implementation and Management of innovative projects within budgets and the achievement of stated goals within the planned timeframes, consistently demonstrating strong leadership, lateral thinking, problem solving, communication and inter-personal skills;
- Identify, deﬁne, and prioritize issues that relate to operational goals for front and back office operations;
- Develop strategies to respond to changing conditions and new opportunities and successfully implement these strategies throughout the Company.
- Strategically and tactically guide areas of responsibility to improve the Company’s brand and results;
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s operations policies and procedures including timely implementation of internal and external audit recommendations;
- Build relationships internally and externally, both domestically and internationally in support of the success of the business;
- Maintain an ongoing review of products and services delivery processes, exploiting opportunities for centralization, re-engineering, cost and effort optimization, increased integrity, reduced risk and continued adherence to regulatory compliance.
- Constantly strive to broaden and improve delivery channels and service options provided to WEMAS clients.
For more details download file here
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Insurance, medicine or Business Administration required.
- Those with a Master’s Degree or Professional Qualiﬁcations in the above ﬁelds will be considered favourably.
Interested candidates should send their applications by email ONLY to: email@example.com. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
The Chief Executive Officer, Wella Medical Aid Society Ltd, P O Box 2343. LILONGWE.